General Information for Applicants with German University Admission Certificate

Application for a Bachelor Degree Program

Geisenheim University offers nine bachelor degreeswith unrestricted admissions. Students wishing to enroll on one of these unrestricted programs are guaranteed a place, providing they fulfill the conditions stipulated by the degree program and send an application within due time and form.

For our English-language bachelor program, International Wine Business (B.Sc.) applicants must also submit proof of B2 English. You'll find a list of certificates which will be accepted in the "Important Application Information for Candidates with Foreign Certificates: Applications for a Bachelor Program".

Bachelor degree programs all start in the winter semester. Applications should be made online. The online portal opens for the winter semester 2020/21 in mid-May 2020. Further information can be found here.

Please note that all degree programs at Hochschule Geisenheim University require a pre-study internship in the relevant field. Further information regarding companies and content can be found on the homepage of the study program.

Exception: Applications for the cooperative work study programm landscaping architecture (B.Eng.) can not be submitted online. Please contact Professor Dipl.Ing. Gerd Helget or Mrs Gutrun Bühler, Admissions Office, for further information. More information about this particular bachelor degree program can be found here.

Application for a Bachelor Degree Program starting in a higher semester

The start of studies in a higher semester can start in the summer or winter semester. Please note that all degree programs at Hochschule Geisenheim University require a pre-study internship in the relevant field. Further information regarding companies and content can be found on the homepage of the study program.

For beginning in a higher semester for summer semester 2020, you must have applied via the online portal by March 23, 2020, latest.  

Unrestricted admission degree programs:

For more information please contact the admission office.

Switching to another degree program

Please note that this information is only applicable to students who are already enrolled at Hochschule Geisenheim University. If you intend to switch to another degree program or continue with a Master’s degree upon completion of the Bachelor’s degree, you will find the relevant information here.

Please note: Switching to another degree program is only possible during the re-registration period. Before switching to an internal degree program you will have to re-register for the upcoming semester! Please be aware of the re-registration deadline.

There is a simple process for an internal degree program switch:

  • Please log on to the online portal with your university account and select "Online Application" under "Study Programmes".
  • Complete the application as described in the online portal. The required documents should have been submitted to the Admissions Office in your original application, in which case it will not be necessary to re-submit them. Print out the application and submit it together with any missing documents, to the Admissions Office.
    • For application for a higher semester, a current Transcript of Records must be attached.
    • For switching to a Master’s program, please attach any documents listed in your application.
  • Should any details have changed since the original application (eg. health insurance provider, name or address), please notify the Admissions Office.

If you have any questions, the Admissions Office team will be happy to help.

Applicants with a German apprenticeship qualification

Information for potential students who would like to take part in Hessen’s pilot project for applicants with mittleren Schulabschluss and Berufsausbildung can be found here (in German).

International applicants

Information for applicants with foreign certificates can be found on the pages for International Applicants.

Applicants for a Master's Program

Students wishing to enroll on a Master's Degree Program at Hochschule Geisenheim University must also fulfill the conditions set out by the degree course and apply within due time and form. The application can also be made at one of the cooperation Universities. Information about admission requirements for master's programs can be found on the web pages of the program. Information about dates and deadlines is here (in German).

  • Graduates from disciplines in the area of Horticulture, Agriculture or similar can apply for summer semester as well as for the wintersemester for M.Sc.  Spezielle Pflanzen- und Gartenbauwissenschaften . Applications for starting in a higher semester are also possible.
  • Graduates from Landscape Architecture disciplines with six or seven semesters can apply for summer or winter semester, for our M.Sc. Landscape Architecture program.
  • Applicants interested in applying for a place on the Master programs, M.Sc.Enology, M.Sc. Wine Business and M.Sc. Beverage Technology should apply to our cooperation partner Justus-Liebig University, Gießen.
  • Applications for M.Eng. UMSB – Environmental Management and Urban Planning in Metropolitan Areas, offered in cooperation with Hochschule RheinMain and Frankfurt  University of Applied Sciences should be submitted to Hochschule RheinMain.
  • Applications for the Vinifera EuroMaster degree program should be made through the coordinating institution of the Vinifera-Consortium; Montpellier SupAgro
  • For the dual-degree master program, VITIS-VINUM, applications should be made to University of Turin or University of Udine, where the first year of the program takes place in Italian.
  • Applications for M.Sc. Viticulture, Enology and Wine Business (WÖW) should be made to the coordinating institution, BOKU Wien .

Your link to the Admissions Office

If you have any questions about the application process, admission etc., please contact the Central Admissions Office Hotline +49 6722 502 700.

Or by Email: studierendenbuero(at)


Petra Ernst
Petra Ernst
Building 5905
Room 00.10
Phone +49 6722 502 700
Petra.Ernst(at) Details
Maximilian Leon Tietz
Maximilian Leon Tietz
Building 5905
Room 00.08
Phone +49 6722 502 700
Maximilian.Tietz(at) Details
Gutrun Bühler
Gutrun Bühler
Building 5905
Room 00.08
Phone +49 6722 502 700
Gutrun.Buehler(at) Details