International Applicants

General information for international applicants

The Student Office and the International Office are the first points of contact for all foreign students at Geisenheim University as well as foreign students who are applying to study here.

The International Office here in Geisenheim can advise you about possibilities for studying at our university, about application requirements as well as about applying for the necessary visa for studying in Germany.

Once you are enrolled in the university, we also continue to provide help and support in case of difficulties with your residence or work permit.

The Residents and Integration Office Wiesbaden (for students living in Wiesbaden) or the Foreign Residents' Office, Bad Schwalbach (for students living in Geisenheim and Rheingau-Taunus) provides current information about residence permits, the visa process and working during your studies.

Application Information for a First Semester Bachelor Program

Hochschule Geisenheim University is a member of the uni-assist association (Service Center for International University Applications) which is jointly run by over 50 universities. Uni-assist is responsible for checking the application documents of all applicants with foreign certificates.

All university applicants who gained their university entrance qualifications (eg. Baccalauréat, High School) outside Germany must – regardless of their nationality – apply through uni-assist.

Exceptions to application through uni-assist

The following applicants should apply directly to Hochschule Geisenheim University:

  • Applicants who have already had their documents certified by an officially recognized national institution for the recognition of academic documents of a German federal state, which is valid throughout Germany.
  • Applicants who have already successfully completed the qualification assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung) in a German foundation course (Studienkolleg).

Applicants who have already completed a period of study at a foreign university should apply for a first semester via uni-assisit. If the application is successful, the Examinations Office will decide whether recognition of completed modules will be accepted.

Application Information for International Candidates for a Bachelor Program in a Higher Semester

Applicants, who wish to apply for a higher semester based on a period of studies, will have to initially apply for a 1st semester place through uni-assist. The Examination Board will check whether your qualifications can be recognized as well as whether you are eligible for admission to a higher semester.

Applications for a Master Program

Please apply for our Master programs Crop and Horticultural Science M.Sc., Landscape Architecture M.Sc., and Food Safety M.Sc. through uni-assist (Service Center for International University Applications).

The uni-assist association takes care of the verification process to check whether your foreign school certificates fulfil the requirements for admission to study at Geisenheim University. All applicants who gained their university entrance qualifications outside Germany must - regardless of their nationality - apply through uni-assist.

Applications for Crop and Horticultural Science M.Sc., Landscape Architecture M.Sc., and Food Safety M.Sc. are possible for the winter- and summer semester. For the summer semester, applications must reach uni-assist by March 1, for a winter semester start, by September 1

  • Applications for M.Eng. UMSB – Environmental Management and Urban Planning in Metropolitan Areas, offered in cooperation with Hochschule RheinMain and Frankfurt  University of Applied Sciences should be submitted to Hochschule RheinMain:
  • Applicants interested in applying for a place on the Master programs, M.Sc.Enology, M.Sc. Wine Business and M.Sc. Beverage Technology should apply to our cooperation partner Justus-Liebig University, Gießen:
  • Applications for the Vinifera EuroMaster degree program should be made through the coordinating institution of the Vinifera-Consortium; Montpellier SupAgro
  • For the dual-degree master program, VITIS-VINUM, applications should be made to University of Turin or University of Udine, where the first year of the program takes place in Italian.
  • Applications for M.Sc. Viticulture, Enology and Wine Business (WÖW) should be made to the coordinating institution, BOKU Vienna