Dear Colleagues and Students,
the new Covid-19 related service instructions of the Hessian Ministry of Higher Education, Research and the Arts have been issued and will come into effect April 2nd, 2022 (Read the instructions in German here).
The crises team of the University has taken several decisions based on the new legal framework:
- the 3-G rules (cured, vaccinated, tested) will expire. There will be no more controls on the Covid-19 status. Records on the status (for University staff) are to be deleted
- wearing masks in University buildings remains mandatory. This decision was taken based on occupational health and safety concerns. This is also binding for visitors.
- Individuals, tested positively for covid-19, are not allowed on Campus. Currently active rules and regulations for quarantine periods apply.
- University staff, which are relatives or roommates of positively tested persons, who are themselves negatively tested, can come to work under certain conditions (individual offices). If insecure, please contact occupational health and safety, Dr. Karsten Rose Karsten.Rose(at)hs-gm.de or Mrs. Hannah Schmidt-Weis Hannah.Schmidt-Weis(at)hs-gm.de. Under similar circumstances, students are discouraged to come on Campus, since contact limitation to fellow students and staff is not possible
- The entry documentation into rooms of the University expires on the 2nd of April
- Staff and students can claim a free of costs PCR-test under the following conditions (do not pay up-front in a testing facility):
- If a previously obtained official test was positive
- If a previous self-test was positive
- If you have typical symptoms of a Covid-19 infection (cough, fever, sore throat a.s.o.)
Please stay healty!
Prof. Dr. Hans R. Schultz