With immediate effect, the following additional provisions apply to employees of Hochschule Geisenheim University until further notice:
- As a preventative measure, all employees who have the opportunity to work from home are requested to arrange this in consultation with their manager.
- Anyone with concerns about coming into contact with a particularly vulnerable group (ill or elderly people, etc.) within their family environment, or with regular contact with such a group, should make use of the opportunities to work from home, likewise in consultation with their respective managers.
- Work areas where it is not possible to work from home (e.g. on-call services, cleaning staff, outdoor work, etc.) should minimize time spent in contact with employees by making use of all possibilities (flexitime, etc.) in consultation with individual managers.
- Service units with direct contact to the public (e.g. student administration, departmental offices, general administrative departments, etc.) should remain reachable, but avoid contact with the public. This can be done by posting a contact telephone number or e-mail address on office doors or buildings or by providing general information, e.g. via the website. The procedure should be discussed with the respective managers.
- Service facilities that are necessary to maintain operations, e.g. the IT department, on-call services (technology, greenhouses, etc.) should be organized in consultation with managers so that a minimum service can be maintained with minimum staff contact times. Maintaining IT operations on an infrastructural level (e.g. e-mail, network, file service and remote access capabilities) as a prerequisite for all further operations, as well as IT support in the event of problems, is a basic prerequisite for operations such as teleworking.
Please help us to provide IT infrastructure and support by helping us to minimize direct contact times with the IT team. For this reason, please only contact the IT department in the event of an extreme emergency and only after making an appointment.
The President's Council has set up a crisis management team, which will issue further instructions as developments unfold. As already mentioned, please also refer to the website www.hs-geisenheim.de/corona-virus/, which will keep you informed about further developments/measures.