As the Federal and State governments have decided to extend the current lockdown until February 14, 2021, which requires some new action, I would like to pass on some specific information for university staff:
In its meeting on January 22, 2021, the university's crisis team decided on the following guidelines which must be complied with:
- Although rules for universites have not changed, we have decided to forego face-to-face classes until February 14, 2021.
- Conducting research for theses is possible, as long as applicable hygiene regulations are met. We must do our best to enable students to work on their theses.
- For university members who cannot avoid the following situations as part of their daily work, the university will provide additional FFP2 face masks/surgical masks:
- Business travelling with more than one person;
- Office situations in which distance requirements cannot always be met;
- Working conditions in general where distance requirements cannot be met (e.g. mechanics).
- If the described conditions apply, the need for FFP2 face masks/surgical masks should be reported via your department/insitute to Arbeitssicherheit(at)hs-gm.de. The face masks are then distributed via internal mail
- In terms of presence of university staff on campus, the same rules apply as in March 2020 during the first lockdown. However, this is handled differently in individual departments and institutes. In order to get an overview of the measures taken and to rule out unequal treatments, I would like to ask all department/institute heads to report which measures they have taken to the group address Flexible_Arbeitszeit(at)hs-gm.de, in parallel to the request in spring 2020.
- All measures taken as a result of my last message continue to apply.
These measures are meant to protect all members of our university. I know you are all tired of Corona - and believe me - I am tired of it, too! Nevertheless, stay healthy and carry on!
Hans R. Schultz