As the federal and state governments have decided to extend the existing lockdown until January 31, 2021, and to introduce reinforced regulations, I would like to pass on some specific information for university staff members.
In its meeting on January 8, 2021, the university's crisis team decided on the following guidelines which must be complied with:
- Although rules for universites have not changed, we have decided to forego face-to-face classes until January 31, 2021.
- For staff members, the same rules apply as in March 2020, which includes working from home as often as possible. Outdoor facilities, greenhouses, park maintenance, enology and beverage technology should use their staff rotation system again. Working in smaller teams (pairing) is an important prerequisite to avoid high numbers of contacts.
- Off-peak hours (early in the morning, in the evening, on Saturday) should be used to reduce the number of contacts.
- Laboratories should take similar measures, if not initiated yet.
- Staff members who cannot work from home and cannot perform tasks at our university that comply with distance and hygiene regulations, and for whom responsible managers cannot find alternative assignments, shall remain away from the university until January 31, 2021. Scheduled working time will be credited in parallel to the situation in March 2020.
- Get-togethers, for example for joint breakfasts, lunch breaks, etc. are not allowed.
These guidelines are meant to protect all members of our university. I hope that we will get out of this situation soon.
Best regards and stay healthy!
Hans R. Schultz