Learn to understand how we smell and taste and how to use your senses for evaluating and describing products. The professional use of our senses for evaluation purposes is very important at Hochschule Geisenheim University, and sensory evaluation is an essential element in many departments of our university. Sensory evaluation in Bachelor and Master theses is very common, especially in Enology and Beverage Research, but also in Pomology and Horticulture.
That is why the Department of Enology is looking for employees who would like to:
• participate in basic sensory evaluation training
• train their senses on a regular basis
• participate in product tasting in different departments
The required basic sensory evaluation training can be recognized as a continuing education training program. However, reliability and commitment are required. We are planning training sessions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Sensorik Room 2
Sensory Basics Training
• Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 9 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. Sensorik Room 1
Human Senses and Exercises
• Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 9 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
• Thursday, March 14, 2019, 9 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
Sensory Evaluation – Fruit Juices
• Friday, March 15, 2019, 9 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. Sensorik Room 1
Sensory Evaluation – Wine
Friday, March 22, 2019, 9 a.m. – 10.30 a.m. – Sensorik Room
Successful completion of the final exam allows participation in the sensory evaluations and exercises taking place on Fridays, 11 a.m. – 12 a.m. - Sensorik Room 1 in the Department of Enology.
Anybody interested in long-term and committed panel cooperation please contact Doris Häge, M.Sc., by February 27 at the latest. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have.