§1 Name and place of administration
The association bears the name "Vereinigung Ehemaliger Geisenheimer (VEG) - Geisenheim Alumni Association" so called "Vereinigung" in the following. Its place of administration is Geisenheim (Rheingau).
§2 Aim of the association
The conception of the association is the conjunction of former students, of all Geisenheim departments/degree programs, professors and staff of the Hochschule Geisenheim University, former Fachhochschule Wiesbaden and former research institute Geisenheim (FAG) - as well as association of all people who just feel connected to the place of study in Geisenheim.
The association pursues the goal to support research, sience and teaching at the Hochschule Geisenheim, respectively its former associations and potential succeeding institutions in Geisenheim, as well as the contact and exchange of experience among alumnus, professors, staff and students.
The aim of statutes is achieved by:
• Conduction of scientific events and conferences
• Support of continuing education
• Publishing of notification
• Support of students by information and study advice
• Nomination of a representative into the advisory board of Hochschule Geisenheim University
• Conjunction with students of the place of study at Hochschule Geisenheim University by admission of the student speaker into the executive board of the association.
• Public relations to similar associations of other kind of Universities, research institutes and job-related institutions.
• Support of student affairs as well as technologies and transfer of knowledge of the place of study in Geisenheim.
§3 Non-profit status
The association is non-party and independent. It conducts non-profit aims according to the paragraph "tax-privileged aims" of the tax code.
The association acts selflessly. It does not conduct own economic aims.
Means of the association only can be used for statutory aims. Member of the association do not receive any donations from means of the association.
Expenses arisen to members can be refunded in an adequate scope.
Nobody should be favoured by expenses which do not fit in the aim of the corporation or by unproportional compensations.
§4 Acquisition of membership
The members of the association are divided into ordinary, associate and supporting members.
The ordinary membership can be achieved by any former alumnus, all trainees, guest auditors as well as lecturers, and staff of the Hochschule Geisenheim University as well as the respective former institutions and potential succeeding institutions.
The associate membership can be achieved by students of all subjects in Geisenheim. After the passed examination the associate membership will be automatically transfered into an ordinary membership.
The supporting membership can be achieved by all natural and legal persons who are supporting the interests of the association.
The application for admission must be referred to the office of the association. The board is then considering the application for admission.
§5 Honorary membership
Personalities who have shown special effort for the welfare and profession of the association can achieve the honorary membership by admission of the general assembly.
§6 Expiration of the membership
The membership expires:
• By written notification to the board. The cancellation will be effective by the termination of the current fiscal year. Outstanding debts must be paid.
• By death.
• By exclusion after admission of the general assembly. The exclusion can be decided on:
• if a member handicaps the activity of the association or if the member damages the reputation of the association by his behaviour.
• if a member does not fulfill his obligations towards the association, especially the payment of the membership fee until the end of the current fiscal year.
With the expiration of the membership all rights and claims toward the association do expire.
§7 Membership rights
Any member has the right:
• to free receípt of any kind of notification of the association.
• to participate in any general assembly and to make applications
• to cast a vote according to the statutes. Exempted from this are associated and supporting members as well as honorary members.
§8 Duties of the members
Any member is obliged to:
• Support the aim of the association according to his best efforts. .
• Pay the membership fee in due time.
• Give notice to the association, provided they are necessary for the achievement of aims.
§9 Membership fee
The membership fee is determined within the membership fee regulations.
§9a Application of funds
Funds of the association may only be used for the statutory aims.
Members do not receive any donation from means of the association.
Nobody may be favoured by expenses not conform to the aim of the corporation or by excessive rewards.
§10 Bodies of the association
The bodies of the association are as follows:
• General assembly
• The extended board
Transcriptions of the conferences held by the bodies of the association must be prepared. These transcriptions must be signed by the chair of the meeting and the secretary.
The operation of the bodies is honorary. Travel costs and cash expenditures may be refunded to the board of members appropriately.
§11 The general assembly
At least the general assembly meets once a year. It is called up within the present magazine "Plan G" or in written form by postal letter, fax or email within a deadline of 4 weeks specifiying a location, date and the agenda. This according to agreement by the board and conform to §26 BGB.
Requests for agenda must be handed in in writing at least 2 weeks before the date of general assembly. In addition the general assembly must be called up on demand of at least 30 members within a period of 8 weeks by the board, this according to §26 BGB.
The general assembly has a quorum when called up duly without consideration of the participating members.
Tasks of the general assembly are as follows:
• the receipt of the annual report and annual financial statement,
• the approval of the actions,
• the election of the board,
• the election of the accountants,
• the approval of the economic plan,
• the taking of decisions regarding constitutive changes
• the decision on a membership fee regulation
• the opposition against conclusions of the board,
• the advice and conclusion concerning received applications,
• the appointment of honorary members.
The gerneral assembly adopts a resolution with a simple majority vote. The general assembly agrees upon the voting procedure. In case of a voting tie the application is rejected. For decision making on a change in satutes a majority vote of three-fourths is required. In case of oppositions against the board the conclusion of the general assembly is binding.
§12 The board
Only full members of the association are allowed within the board. This is not valid for board members "ex officio".
The board consists of:
• the president,
• the vice-president
• the president of BDO (association of German enologists e.V.) as not elected vice-president "ex officio"?? if he is a full member of the association,
• up to ten subject specialists
Board for the purpose of §26 are the president and the vice-president. Everyone is entitled to represent the association singly.
In the presence of at least half ot the members elected, the board has a quorum.
The board is elected by the general assembly for a period of 4 years. Every year a quarter of the members of board quits. A reelection is permitted.
Special tasks of the board are:
• the decision-making in all important affairs arising by the task of the association,
• the preliminary decision-making in all cases, when a punctual decision of the general assembly cannot be induced.
The board takes its decisions on a majority vote by the present members of the board. A decision-making in written form or by phone is allowed.
§13 Extended board
Following parties are part of the board
• the members of the board,
• the president of the Geisenheim University,
• the vice president of research and of academic & student affairs at Geisenheim University,
• the chancellor of the Geisenheim University und
• one student of Geisenheim University
The task of the extended board is to advise the board in important affairs of the association. Requests of the members are discussed about and suggestions are submitted to the board. Suggestions must be treated at least after next board-meeting. The extended board has a right to speak for this item of the agenda. The members of the extended board must be invited to the board-meeting on time accordingly
§14 Executive board
The board is allowed to let third parties conduct the current operations in return for payments or without payments.
§15 National and local groups
The formation of such kind of groups on a voluntary basis must be strived for.
§16 Financial year
The financial year is the legal year.
§17 Membership within other organisations
The association can become member of other organisations.
§18 Place of jurisdiction
Place of jurisdiction is Rüdesheim am Rhein.
The general assembly decides on the dissolution of the association and on the utilisation of the existing club funds. For a decision-making on the dissolution of the association three-fourths of the majority vote of all members within the general assembly is required. As far as the first general assembly does not have a quorum according to §26 BGB a further general assembly must be announced within a deadline of one month. This assembly may decide on a dissolution by three-fourths majority vote of the participating members.
In case of a dissolution or loss of its present aims the capital of the association is transferred to the society for supporting the University of Geisenheim "Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Hochschule Geisenheim" (GFHG). This society must use the capital immediately and solely for the benefit of non-profit, charitable and clerical purpose. Decisions taken on any future utilization of the capital may only be executed after approval of the revenue board.
- President -