After you've completed your bachelor's degree

Studying for a Master’s Degree Abroad

There are several different options available to you for studying abroad after you complete your Bachelor’s degree. You can spend a study semester abroad during your Master’s degree course at Hochschule Geisenheim University.
Bachelor’s degrees awarded by Hochschule Geisenheim University are internationally recognized which means that you can apply for Master’s programs anywhere in the world. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a scholarship program for Master’s degree courses abroad.

Credit-financed Master Mobility (Erasmus+ region)

Credit-financed Master Mobility

From the academic year 2014/15 onwards (applications accepted from winter 2014, payment from spring 2015), the Erasmus+ Program will offer the opportunity of applying for a low-interest loan for a complete Master’s degree abroad, i.e. in one of the Erasmus Program countries. This loan is backed by the European Investment Bank. You can apply for a maximum of €12000 (including tuition fees) for a one-year Master’s degree course and a maximum of €18000 for a two-year Master’s course.

You’ll find further information on Master’s degree loans on the EU Commission’s website.

This information will also be published in the near future by the DAAD.


Which scholarship programs are aimed specifically at Master’s students?

DAAD One-Year Scholarship

The one-year scholarship is offered for study at a recognized higher education institution abroad (all countries). Students from all subject areas can apply. The applicants choose their own higher education institution themselves. At the time of application you must have put together a study plan, which your university has confirmed as being recognized at Hochschule Geisenheim University.

The application deadline depends on the country of destination, so please check the exact dates as early as possible. You can find more information and the necessary application forms here.